"Lian Lian How" 莲莲好!
Some may condemn while others may praise CSJ and SDP for past week's political drama. Having written what I wrote on Chee Soon Juan, I'm just glad that good sense prevails. Though I would not say the same for RP's Kenneth Jeyaratnam and SDA's Desmond Teo.
I'd love to see SDP continue to walk the ground and do the prep work for 2016 in Holland/Bukit Timah and Tanjong Pagar GRCs. The thrill of seeing Chee Soon Juan and his team winning Tanjong Pagar GRC in 2016 will be priceless! Then again, what the Elections Department will do to Tanjong Pagar after Lee Kuan Yew retires is que sera sera.
As much as Kenneth Jeyaratnam and Desmond Lim wish to be known as the Spoilers of 2013 causing split votes for the opposition, I still look forward to celebrate Chinese New Year with 莲莲好!
Since GE 2011 we have:
- More breakdowns in MRT service
- Bus workers strike
- Less breathing space (continuing import of foreigners with inadequate infrastructure)
- Giving $1.1billion of tax payers money to profit making bus companies
- New ministers lamenting that it is not a 'privilege' but a 'sacrifice' of lucrative income and family time to be a minister in Singapore [Tan Chuan-Jin Link] [FU Grace Link]
- a PM who said "sorry" but neither repenting nor change policies that are detrimental to the average Singaporeans
- A "Silver Tsunami" not caused by greying Singaporeans but by the import of parents and grandparents of foreigners who come here to work.
Or do you hear the people sing? [Link]